[LON-CAPA-dev] Preview of 2.3.3
Guy Albertelli II
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
Trying to get a 2.3.3 together to cleanup some annoyances.
(Let me know if I missed any bugs that people really need included in
New Version 2.3.3 Released
This is a bugfix release. It's a good idea to be installed.
Notable Changes from 2.3.2:
- scantron grading of exams that use the number format and 10 bubbles
would not grade bubble 10 corectly
- advanced search of domains works a again
- correct icons appear on resource with non-lowercase filenames
- corrections to internal caching system (results in some noticable
speedups, especially in the PARM screen and courses with long
- gnuplot in imageresponse no longer generates spurious dependencies
- publishing was incorrectly handling metadata tags with _ in them
- gnuplot support for Polar grids
- task can control the location that grading information is displayed using
To install this update:
1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 5 or 6, RHEL (AS|ES) 4,
SUSE 9.3 or 10.1, SLES 9 or 10
(Fedora Core 4 or 3 should continue to work but are deprecated.)
2) If running Fedora, use yum to update your machine and then install
LONCAPA-prerequisites (if not already installed).
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
If running SUSE 9.3 or SLES 9, use you to update your machine.
If running SUSE 10.1 or SLES 10, use rug to update your machine.
if running RHEL, use up2date to update your machine.
3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
and untar it
tar xzvf loncapa-2.3.3.tar.gz
4) stop the Lon-CAPA system services
5) stop the webserver:
SUSE 9.X/SLES 9:
SUSE 10.1/SLES 10:
6) Run the UPDATE script as root
7) restart the Lon-CAPA system services
8) restart the webserver:
SUSE 9.X /SLES 10.1: