[LON-CAPA-dev] 2.2 cur status

melissa michael lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 30 May 2006 11:14:32 -0500

Guy,
This is the only one that I'd like to see moved up if possible.
  - students can see their previous submissions
Thanks
mm

>Hi All,
>
>This is my idea of where things currently stand for the eventual 2.2
>release.
>
>Items in the list are pulled for the 2.2 plas we set.
>
>Let me know if I have somehing wonrg.
>
>Bits in () are my comments on the current status of and item.
>
>Things in the 'in progress' and 'still likely' lists have names
>associated. Please let me know if I have something wrong or you
>want/need a change.
>
>There are some ? where I am uncertain.
>
>Doneish:
>   - BT even more less appendixy (grading queue, slots (multiple open/due))
>   - presentation layer separation work
>
>   - groups sectionesque (user can belong to multiple groups, normal PARM etc
>                          limitations that apply to sections also apply to all
>                          groups user belongs too, basically it's
>                          like a user has multiple sections)
>
>   - BT - install condition changes on s*
>        - change text Done -> 'Next Item', Stop -> 'Quit Grading',
>                      Cancel -> add to regrade
>        - support the needed JS & CSS
>        - add 'section specific slots'
>        - PGRD needs to support display of BT grading history
>        - separation of PGRD from 'queue grading'
>
>   - FDBK
>       - switch to radio button (so they can only send to a single location)
>       - keep the user specified title
>

>In progress:
>  St - 'sub course' grouping
>            -  a group has a mini internal
>               course associated with it, a sepearete
>               discussion area, portfolio area,  chat area, etc.)
>                (getting there
>                   - roster funtionality needed
>                   - mail needs restrictions
>                   - portfolio needs accessor linkages, permission checkings
>                   - discusion board creation etc.)
>
>  Ri - instructors can return a file as part of the grading process
>         (creation occurs, message sent, portfolio and problem
>         announcements still needed)
>
>  Ge - track instructor for (PARM change log particularly)
>              (Mostly there, filtering display improvements needed to
>               make the screen managgable)
>  Gu - reformulating the <task> xml...
>

>Not done but still likely:
>  St  - searching portfolio metadata (stu/intsr)
>         - portfolio access controls
>  Gu  - in PGRD (grade an entire sequence) ability to specify the
>              CODE that user had seen.
>  St  - fine grained cloning choices
>  Ge? - better things than Exam Upload perhaps new chunk to GRDS
>               for displaying external grading info
>               ( could very well end up delayed)
>  St  - student initiated email based password changing
>  Gu? - conditionals - stop punishing the student
>  Ge  - implement accessibility changes
>  Gu  - BT - TA's need to be prioritized to grade users not in any of
>          their sections
>           - don't allow grade of users without a checkout of a BT
>           - CSV upload of parameters
>  Ge? - FDBK
>           - add ability to change the text associated with the general
>             fdbk locations

> [...]

Melissa Michael
Director for MCB Core Curriculum
Assistant Director for Instructional Affairs
School of Molecular and Cellular Biology
393 Morrill Hall, MC-119
505 South Goodwin Avenue
Urbana,  Illinois  61801

office: 252 Davenport Hall
email:  mmichae@life.uiuc.edu
Tel:  (217) 244-6238 (office/voicemail)
Tel:  (217) 244-6239 (administrative assistant
Fax: (217) 244-8202