[LON-CAPA-dev] Group Vs. Group

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robley,

> Can a type 2 group exist inside a type 1 group as well?  I take it type 2 is
> broader--almost like a section?

No.

Type 2 is a renamed 'Course', it for when you have something that
people are together in, but that is not actually course, Think of a
place where a committee could go to work on something together. A
place where people could plan an event in. A fForum, or Collborative
body or something like that.

Type 1 is like a section, it is initmately tied to a course, it is for
enbling small work groups to work together. If you ever wanted to
assign users to multiple different sections. You wanted this feature.