[LON-CAPA-dev] Group Vs. Group

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:01:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

We have 2 types of 'groups' in 2.2 and I think it best to disambiguate
them. So one of them needs renaming.

The two types are:

1- section like groups, these exist inside of a course, and is meant
   for small groups of people working collaboratively on a project, or
   for making logical groupings of users (my tuesday students)

2- 'courses' that aren't courses, but rather an area for collborative
   discusion work, etc. on something (and yes a type 1 group can
   exists inside of a type 2 group)

I think the second type lends itself to being named something else
more easily, but I haven't been able to think of anything that good,
('Discussion Group', 'Collectives', 'Associations', 'Collaborations',
 'Posses', 'Gang', the thesaurus is failing me here...)

I'm looking for suggesstions, possibly even a war, but either way I
need it settled for the 2.2. release. ANd I think the sual usage is
like a bad idea.....

Anyone got any ideas?

(Hmm Angel calls type 1 'Teams' and type 2 'Groups') Which I guess is
a possiblity, but maybe we can do better?)

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137