[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: [LON-CAPA-users] Mac and JME

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 25 May 2005 16:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jim,

> We are working on it here too.  This is where we are today:
> JME opens in safari and IE not camino.
> javascript is broken to different extents for each one.
> For example opening Ertl's example with text boxes on the same page.
> javascript is completely broken in IE  -- doesn't even write to text box.
>
> In safari and camino, Ertl' example page is good but we can't write back
> to the opener window.  So, doesn't work.

Which example page are you playing with here?

What version of Java are using for this?

As far as I can tell all version up to and including Java 1.4.2_07
don't work with either
http://www.molinspiration.com/cgi-bin/properties
(The drop down menu should insert objects into the Java applet)
Or the Draw Molecule button for and <organicresponse>.

Both of them fail in Safari with really odd Java (not Javascript)
errors showing up in the Javascript (Not Java) error console.

And can I once again shoot whom ever named it javascript?

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-6-