[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: CampusSource 1.3.3

Matthew Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:03:34 -0700

Hi Gerd,

I'm replying to the dev list with your request for a single tarball
installation as I want the instructions on creating the tarball to be
archived.

I've updated the tarball and the instructions.  The instructions are
in cvs in the file loncapa/doc/install/fedora/single_file_install.html
and the tarball is in my home directory on zaphod as well as available
on kirk:
http://kirk.lite.msu.edu/loncapa_install.tar

This is the 1.3.2 release as that is the latest version available on
the install site.

Now that I look at their site, I see the english translation of the
installation instructions contains more information than the
single_file_install.html does.  I assume you added this?  If you could
update the file in CVS it would make things easier in the future...

The method for making this installation
---------------------------------------
wget http://install.loncapa.org/versions/fedora/fedora_install.tar
tar xf fedora_install.tar
mv installation loncapa_install
cd loncapa_install
wget http://install.loncapa.org/versions/loncapa-fedora-current.tar.gz
mkdir prerequisites

copy all the i386 and noarch files from the FC3 yum repository to the
prerequisites directory

tar it all up and you're done!

Matthew

--