[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: SuSE installation

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 01:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Martin,

> > Unfortunately, authentication is not working yet ..
>
> Forget this ... the stupid sysadmin responsible for the box did not
> copy the mysfu.pm file over which is essential for the localauth
> authentication here at SFU; arrgghh.

Hrrm, authentication should only be occuring on the users home server,
which since you were setting this up as an access server means that
there should have been no user accounts on this machine.

Or did you set it up as a library server at first just to test things
out?

> Everything, seems to be working now. I guess I can now claim that
> you can run LON-CAPA on SuSE-9.1. The new hosts.tab entry is:
>
> sfua3:sfu:access:newton.science.sfu.ca:142.58.101.18

I'll add this, so it will be included in the 1.2.1
production_hosts.tab

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-4-