[LON-CAPA-dev] Fedora only: LONCAPA prerequisites rpm and yum

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Martin,

> would it be possible to get a list of the LONCAPA prerequisites,

>From the .spec file:

Requires:
apache
gd
perl-GD
perl-GD-Barcode
perl-GDGraph
perl-GD-Graph3d
perl-GDTextUtil
gnuplot
ImageMagick
ImageMagick-perl
perl-suidperl
mod_perl_1
mysql
mysql-server
perl-DBD-MySQL
perl-DBI
perl-Algorithm-Diff
perl-Authen-Krb4
perl-Authen-Krb5
perl-Authen-PAM
perl-Crypt-DES
perl-Crypt-IDEA
perl-Crypt-SSLeay
perl-Event
perl-HTML-Tree
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-IO-stringy
perl-MailTools
perl-Math-Cephes
perl-Math-FFT
perl-Math-Random
perl-Net-PH
perl-Net-SNPP
perl-Net-SSLeay
perl-OLE-Storage_Lite
perl-Parse-RecDescent
perl-Pod-POM
perl-PostScript-Simple
perl-Safe-Hole
perl-Spreadsheet-WriteExcel
perl-String-Similarity
perl-Text-Aspell
perl-Text-Query
perl-TimeDate
perl-Time-HiRes
aspell
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-MIME-Lite
perl-MIME-Types

Requires: apache <= 2.0
Requires: perl-HTML-Parser = 3.36-2.loncapa
Conflicts: httpd php mod_throttle mod_bandwidth
Conflicts: mod_perl

> in particular, the list of rpm packages that need to be installed?
> Anything else that is done differently compared to RH 7.3?

No differences except for the list of rpms that is to be installed.

> Background:
> I'd like to install LONCAPA on a SuSE-9.1 box (new access server).
> The main components (2.6 kernel, apache2) seem to be similar to
> Fedora 2.

Note that apache 2 and mod_perl 1.99_X _DO_NOT_ work correctly

We have custom built mod_perl 1.2X to work under Fedora (Mainly you
need to be running perl 5.8.3 for it to work)

Thus the mod_perl_1 package above, and the conflicts with apache
greater than 2.

We also have customized the build of
- perl-Authen-Krb4
- perl-HTML-Parser

We also suggest gnuplot 4.0 since with that we move away from needing
gif support in GD or anywhere else.

The rest of the CPAN modules rpms are builds straight from CPAN.
--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-4-