[LON-CAPA-dev] Re: Automatic enrollment messages

Stuart Peter Raeburn lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 07 May 2004 12:54:42 -0400

Hon-Kie,

The message:
# An invalid authentication type was provided for the new user - xxxx02, so
the student was not enrolled in the course."

is most likely the result of a bug in Enrollment.pm that affected use of
auto-enrollment with the localauth authentication type, in Enrollment.pm v.
1.10 and earlier.

It appears that the versions of Enrollment.pm and Autoenroll.pl were not
updated to the latest versions in the current release of LON-CAPA (v 1.1.3).

If you are using older versions of this code, I recommend retrieving that
latest versions from the LON-CAPA CVS repository.  From loncom/enrollment
retrieve the following:

Autoenroll.pl
Enrollment.pm

(The latest versions are v. 1.8 and 1.14 respectively).
These files should go in the following locations in your LON-CAPA system:
/home/httpd/perl/Autoenroll.pl
/home/httpd/lib/perl/LONCAPA/Enrollment.pm

Note: CVS is now web-accessible via
http://zaphod.lite.msu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/

Once you have these installed and have reloaded the apache processes (or
restarted the web servers), you should no longer see these messages.

If your XML files containing student classlists contain blank autharg and
authtype, i.e.,
<autharg></autharg>
<authtype></authtype>

you are correct in saying that the default authentication types (set by a DC
via MCRS) are used.

Stuart