[LON-CAPA-dev] Kerberos configuration for MSU

Matthew Brian Hall lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:33:31 -0400

Hi All,

Since we (or at least I) seem to have a tremendous amount of trouble
remembering how to get kerberos authentication working on fresh Fedora Core
2 MSU installs, I thought I'd send the secret out to the mailing list.  This
way I can search the mailing list for the configuration instead of spending
hours searching the web for the most obvious bit of knowledge...

The setup is for krb4 authentication.

[root@s12 etc]# head -2 /etc/krb.conf
MSU.EDU
MSU.EDU         afsdb0.cl.msu.edu

/etc/krb.realms is left unchanged.
/etc/krb5.conf is left unchanged.

Anyways, it works now damn it.  The upgrade this weekend will be flawless
provided the raid management utilities provided by Dell don't object to the
newer linux kernel.

Now I need to finish my beer.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3@msu.edu