[LON-CAPA-admin] Removing Resource Identifier Reference

Raeburn, Stuart raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:49:04 EDT 2018

Lee,

> The plan is to remove the reference to that sequence in the new course, but I wanted to double
> check with the list to see if there is any advice before I start editing course files.

If you prefer not to edit course files, then on the command line on your library server as user: www you could simply create a file named: group_allfolders26759251377393070.sequence in:
/home/httpd/lonUsers/uiuc/1/i/9/1i928139c6d645b29uiuclibrary1/userfiles

containing:

<map>
<resource id="1" src="" type="start"></resource>
<link from="1" to="2" index="1"></link>
<resource id="2" src="" type="finish"></resource>
</map>

In a web browser you would select a Course Coordinator role in the course, (or re-initialize if a role is already selected in the course) and then use the Course Editor to hide that item (or remove it).

Is there a group_allfolders.sequence file in the userfiles sub-directory? Are there groups in the course?

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium

In the process of merging two courses’ content we have managed to include a reference to a group sequence that doesn’t exist in the new course.  As a result the course is reporting Map not loaded: The file /home/httpd/lonUsers/uiuc/1/i/9/1i928139c6d645b29uiuclibrary1/userfiles/group_allfolders26759251377393070.sequence does not exist on course initialization.

The plan is to remove the reference to that sequence in the new course, but I wanted to double check with the list to see if there is any advice before I start editing course files.

Thanks,

Lee