[LON-CAPA-admin] create/modify a user

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:16:00 EST 2016

Bob,

> Everything I've tested seems to work fine except for 'Search for a user and
> modify/add user information or roles' under 'User Management'.

The most likely reason is that the allusers table in the MySQL loncapa
database has yet to be populated.

That can be done by running /home/httpd/perl/searchcat.pl as user www.

However, you should first check to see that it is not already running,
since when you run ./UPDATE to install or update LON-CAPA, the final
action is to issue a command to queue running of the script after 5
minutes have elapsed.

su -c /home/httpd/perl/searchcat.pl - www | at now + 5 minutes

The command

ps -ef |grep searchcat |grep -v grep

will tell you if it is currently running.

There is also an entry in /etc/cron.d/loncapa
10 1 * * 2,4,6    www    /home/httpd/perl/searchcat.pl

which runs this script every other night.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium