[LON-CAPA-admin] create/modify a user

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Fri Jan 22 17:04:31 EST 2016

I just moved my library server to a virtual machine in my institution's
cluster a couple of days ago.  This was a fresh install of Centos 7.2 and
Lon-capa 2.11.1.  The /home directory was copied over from the old server
with rsync as per the instructions for doing a hardware upgrade.

Everything I've tested seems to work fine except for 'Search for a user and
modify/add user information or roles' under 'User Management'.

Searching with the criteria 'in selected LON-CAPA domain' does not work
with any of the available criteria choices.

The error message from lon-capa is:

"No exact match found for the last name *gonzales* in LON-CAPA domain:
binghamton (Binghamton University)"

Searching with 'in this course' as the criteria works fine with the other
criteria.

The 'Add/modify a single user (create new user if required)' uses the
domain and it works fine.  It searches with 'username'.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could look at to get this
working?

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Chemistry Dept