[LON-CAPA-admin] FW: Crosslisting Courses

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Jan 19 20:22:33 EST 2016

JaBari,

Looking at the LON-CAPA course catalog for official courses for Spring
2016 for the vcu domain ( /adm/coursecatalog ) I see a course code:
BIOL-205-2016Spring (which has associated sections 001 through 016)
with a crosslisting of BIOL-496-2016Spring.

The crosslisting needs to include the section number, i.e., if you
were crosslisting section 001 of BIOL-496-2016Spring, the crosslisting
entry would need to be BIOL-496-2016Spring001 (i.e., it needs to be an
institutional course section code, and not simply an institutional
course code).

By extension, if you need to crosslist all sections of
BIOL-496-2016Spring, you would need to include a separate crosslist
item for each section, i.e., BIOL-496-2016Spring001,
BIOL-496-2016Spring002, BIOL-496-2016Spring003 etc.

If you create your courses one at a time, as a Domain Coordinator via
the "Create a single course" web form, then in the the crosslistings
textbox you will enter a comma separated list of course sections
crosslisted with the current course, with each entry including the
institutional course section name followed by a colon and then the
(optional) section ID to be used in LON-CAPA, e.g.,
fs13ent231001:ent1,fs13bot231001:bot1,fs13zol231002:zol2).

To change crosslistings after a course has been created, assume an "ad
hoc"  Course Coordinator role and use:

People > Users > Automated Enrollment > Change crosslistings

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium