[LON-CAPA-admin] Can't access user status pages

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Mon Feb 22 15:14:50 EST 2016

Stuart,

There was a typo in /home/httpd/lonTabs/domain.tab that I missed.  Things
look proper again, and I can access the user status pages.

One other note, all of my /home/httpd/lonTabs look like this:

# domain:Domain Name:auth mechanism:auth
parameters:Language:City:Geo1:Geo2:main library
binghamton:Binghamton University:::::::binghamtonl1

there isn't a 'en-US' in one of the fields.  How does that get filled in?

Once again, thank you for the help.

Bob

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Stuart Raeburn <raeburn at msu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>
> binghamton:Binghamton University:::en-US::::binghamtonl1
>
> (The last item, after the eighth colon, is the lonHostID of the primary
> library server).
>
> You might also look in /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonnet.log on loncapa6 for
>

> Stuart Raeburn
> LON-CAPA Academic Consortium
>

> Quoting Bob Gonzales <rgonzal at binghamton.edu>:
>
> Stuart,
>>
>> I still get cannot access the user status pages on
>> loncapa6.chem.binghamton.edu while I can access all of the others.
>>
>> I dumped memcache and compared the following entries to those on another
>> server and they look the same.
>>
>> dns%3a%2fadm%2fdns%2fdomain
>> dns%3a%2fadm%2fdns%2fhosts
>> iphost%3aiphost
>>
>> There are no entries in lonmemcached_errors.
>>
>> I killed and restarted lonmemcached.  No changes, the Specific ip's' field
>> on the   is still blank on the 'Display/Edit Settings' page is still
>> blank.
>>
>> Something that is different about this server, compared to my other ones,
>> is that I had a disk failure and I reinstalled centos and loncapa.  This
>> machine is at the same level of centos, with the latest updates, just as
>> my
>> other servers are.  The loncapa string on the login page for all of the
>> servers is 2.11.1-2015053018.
>>
>> One other difference between this machine and the others, related to the
>> re-install, is that the library moved to another subnet back in January,
>> and the reinstall on loncapa6 happened in February.  I don't know what
>> difference this might make but I thought I'd include the info.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Stuart Raeburn <raeburn at msu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Bob,
>>>
>>> I expect expiration of caches will have fixed this issue on binghamtona6
>>> by now, but if not ...
>>>
>>> ... The page it returns has the text 'Your

>>> You will see that message if you attempt to access the user status page
>>> outside of a authenticated session (e.g., using wget) from an IP address
>>> that either (a) does not belong to one of your domain's LON-CAPA servers,
>>> or (b) is not one of the IP addresses for which access to the user status
>>> page has been specified in the domain configuration for your domain.
>>>

>>> If I log onto loncapa6 and go to the  'Display/Edit Settings' page, the

>>> not retrieved from the primary library server in in your domain (i.e.,
>>> binghamtonl1).
>>>

>>>        An error occurred saving access settings for server status pages:

>>> domain configuration settings for the binghamton domain to the primary
>>> library server in your domain (i.e., binghamtonl1), it failed to obtain a
>>> hostname for that server. That is consistent with the failure to retrieve
>>> the domain configuration information originally.
>>>
>>> In the case of failure to retrieve a hostname, given a lonhostID, I would
>>> recommend checking that the information cached in memcache on

>>> dns%3a%2fadm%2fdns%2fhosts