[LON-CAPA-admin] Accessing data from loncapa for research...

Gerd Kortemeyer kortemey at msu.edu
Wed Apr 6 04:58:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

That strongly depends on exactly what he/she would like to analyze. It would be XML-files or DB-files; all data in MySQL is just caching data.

Stefan Dröschler (cc’d here) wrote a thesis document about LON-CAPA as a data source for research, which he might be able to share.

Please remind your colleague of the need for appropriate human subject research procedures, as well as strict adherence to applicable privacy legislation (most notably FERPA).

Cheers,

- Gerd.