[LON-CAPA-admin] Course Map Undefined Error

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:00:41 EDT 2015

Hi Joyce,

The error message: 'Coursemap undefined' will be shown when a student
attempts to display the Course Contents screen, when either or both of
the following items:

map_start_/uploaded/purdue/<coursenum>/default.sequence
map_end_/uploaded/purdue/<coursenum>/default.sequence

are absent from the user's course session hash, found in the GDBM file:

/home/httpd/perl/tmp/<username>_<courseid>.db

where <courseid> is the LON-CAPA course ID, e.g.,
purdue_22608011029874510purduel1

On the command line you can use the script: /home/httpd/perl/debug/dump_db.pl
to view the contents of a GDBM file in LON-CAPA.

The perl module which performs the page flip in response to a student
pressing either the forward or backward green arrow is:
/home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonpageflip.pm.

> It appears that when scrolling through  problems using the Green
> Arrow, the problem takes a long time to  load.

Is the issue always with the same problem?  What resource is it?  Is
there discussion attached to the instance of the problem in the course?

If you are able to reproduce this error, what are the timestamps for
the GDBM files:

/home/httpd/perl/tmp/<username>_<courseid>.db
/home/httpd/perl/tmp/<username>_<courseid>_parms.db

for your user session when this occurs?  Were they recently created,
for example because the course contents were updated by a Course
Coordinator within the past 20 minutes?

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium