[LON-CAPA-admin] Delete Domaon Coordinator accounts

Lucas, Richard clucas at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:35:22 EDT 2015

I am creating a new thread for this since it is somewhat unrelated to the previous one about multiple domain coordinator accounts.

We updated our non-prod environment to 2.11, but it didn't change much in the matter of the expire script or how to remove users. Here is the list of domain coordinators as listed in the front end:

[cid:image001.png at 01D05B3C.4F7F42D0]

I tried to expire the dc_clucas account earlier, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the GUI. Here is the result from that:

# perl expire_DC_role.pl dc_clucas:purdue purdue
Language: English (en). Change? [ar|de|en|es|fa|fr|he|ja|pt|ru|tr|zh]?
Confirmed: dc_clucas:purdue has a DC role for domain: purdue.
Start date: Thu Mar  5 06:20:18 pm 2015 (EST)
No planned end date. Proceeding to expire role.
/bin/chown: cannot access `/home/httpd/lonUsers/purdue/p/u/r/nohist_rolelog.db': No such file or directory
/bin/chown: cannot access `/home/httpd/lonUsers/purdue/p/u/r/nohist_rolelog.db.lock': No such file or directory
User: dc_clucas:purdue, domain coordinator role expired in domain: purdue.

When I tried one of the other accounts, it told me it didn't have the role:

# perl expire_DC_role.pl dcpurdue:purdue purdue
Language: English (en). Change? [ar|de|en|es|fa|fr|he|ja|pt|ru|tr|zh]?
dcpurdue:purdue does NOT have a DC role for domain: purdue.
Expiration is not required

As you can see it workd on the dc_young257 account before the upgrade, although the GUI status didn't change right away. That may be the same issue with the dc_clucas account. I still have not found a way to actually delete accounts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Richard