[LON-CAPA-admin] Java Applet fails because of permissions

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Mar 9 13:39:46 EDT 2015

Hi,

> That formula editor sounds great!
> Any chance it might be patched into 2.11?

The inline math previewer will be included in 2.11.1 for
formularesponse and mathresponse submissions.

The minimum browser version requirements for the inline math previewer are:
Safari 5.0, Chrome 5.0, Firefox 4.0, IE 9.0, Opera 12.0

There is a domain configuration to specify which of (a) the inline
math previewer or (b) the DragMath pop-up will be used (the default is
the javascript-based math previewer).  Course Coordinators can also
override this domain default in a particular course, via Course
Settings.

Note: neither the inline previewer nor the link/icon to pop open a
DragMath window will be displayed if the turnoffeditor parameter has
been set to "Yes".

If the version requirement is not met by a student's web browser then
the Java-based DragMath pop-up will be provided instead (unless
turnoffeditor has been set to "Yes").

Note: a different DragMath pop-up will continue to be available in
2.11.1 in the "EditXML" content editing mode in Authoring Space, for
use as a formula editor for creating and inserting math expressions
within <m></m> tags.

The manifest for the DragMath.jar file included in 2.11.1 has
attributes for: Application-Name, Permissions, and Codebase, and the
jar file itself has also been signed with a code-signing certificate
(expires Jan 5, 2018) issued to me at Michigan State University by
InCommon ( https://www.incommon.org/ ).

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium