[LON-CAPA-admin] LonCapa Slow

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 14 14:28:15 EDT 2015

Hi Stuart,

We have seen some slowness when loading the following pages:

/adm/roles	---- User Roles Screen
/adm/navmaps	 --- Subroutines to handle and render the navigation
/adm/flip             ---- Page flip handler

Sometimes this was almost 20sec. during a lab with about 20 students; I have tried it myself and seen about 5 sec. delay in loading those pages.

All servers seemed happy about resources: CPU, memory .. etc.
I would like to diagnose this problem and was wondering if you have any direction as to where to start?  I thought about profiling the perl calls to see where the slowness come from but as you know this is hard to do.

Thanks so much for your help,

Maged