[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-Balancer

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:48:19 EST 2015

What is the accepted practice for setting up a Balancing machine nowadays?
I moved my balancer to a different machine last Fall when I bumped up to 2.11.0
and it did not seem to be working right. It seemed to be keeping some sessions on the
balancer itself and did not seem to be transferring sessions to the main access servers
as consistently as it should. I pointed to one of the standard access servers and left it at that.

I know that there is now extra configuration information in the domain coordinator’s online
settings for the domain. What is the accepted way to set up a brand new LON Balancer?
Does one still need to make changes in the httpd loncapa config file? Does one set it
up totally through the web now?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701