[LON-CAPA-admin] Auto update of student/employee ID

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Wed Feb 18 10:44:21 EST 2015

Thanks Stuart,

See responses below.

-hk

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Stuart Raeburn <raeburn at msu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Hon-Kie,
>
> > The bottom line is how do I get the student/employee ID to be update
> > nightly via the cron jobs?
>
> Has Autoupdate.pl successfully updated IDs for users in the fsu domain
> in the past, or is this a new procedure for your domain?

It has worked before. There is a change in the database server and of
course, new configurations. I tested the allusers_info and it works fine.
This is what I have for allusers_info.

$dom is set to 'fsu'
$instusers - input with keys pointing to usernames.
     Data retrieved from database is written to instusers as
  $instusers->{$username} = {firstname => $fname,
middlename => $mname,
lastname => $lname,
generation => $gen,
id => $id,
permanentemail => $email
$instids - not used
$ lc_users - not used

The alluser_info calls to the database returns the correct info.

> Autoupdate.pl is successfully updating student/employee IDs in the msu
> domain.
>
> > Auto-update active? set to yes
> > Update information in classlist? set to yes
> > User preference to lock name - not check
> > Under User population
> >   All users on the student/employee ID is checked.
>
> Those look good, although see the caveat below regarding user
> population (i.e., "All users").
>
> If you are not seeing updates to IDs in the fsu domain, then there may
> be a problem retrieving user information using the allusers_info()
> routine in your customized /home/httpd/lib/perl/localenroll.pm
>
> Alternatively, it may be that the institutional affiliation of the
> users retrieved in allusers_info() is not blank (e.g., it might be
> student), whereas your domain configuration is set to update "All
> users" (i.e., there are no specific institutional types set for the
> domain, in which case only users without an affiliation will be
> updated).

See above. How should it be set to update all users on the return from
$instusers?

> Are there changes logged in /home/httpd/perl/logs/autoupdate.log?
> How about in /home/http/perl/logs/lonnet.log?
>
> The autoupdate,log has just the following:

Wed Feb 18 03:30:02 am 2015 (EST) Autoupdate messages start for domain: fsu
Wed Feb 18 03:50:35 am 2015 (EST) Autoupdate messages end

Seems that no users was processed.

There does not seem to have any relevant entries on lonnet.log at around
3:30 am.

> I would expect an entry of the following type in autoupdate.log:
>
> User change: <username>:fsu; New values: 1.Name: <fullname>; 2. StuID:
> <id>; 3. Email: <e-mail address>.
>
> and an entry of the following type in lonnet.log

> , <lastname>, (forceid: 1; candelete: id) desiredhome = <home> by  at
> in domain
>
> When you log-in to the web GUI, select your domain coordinator role in
> the fsu domain and display:
> https://loncapa10.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/listdomconfig.pl
>
> What do you see in the autoupdate and inststatus entries for the fsu
> domain?

autoupdate = $VAR1 = {
          'lockablenames' => [],
          'run' => '1',