[LON-CAPA-admin] Auto update of student/employee ID

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Tue Feb 17 09:12:45 EST 2015

Hi,

I have loncapa to automatically update the roster and also, update the
first name, ... via Autoupdate.pl. However, when a student ID is changed,
the ID is not being updated. The domain is configured to update the
following (via Auto-update settings):
Auto-update active? set to yes
Update information in classlist? set to yes
User preference to lock name - not check
Under User population
  All users on the student/employee ID is checked.

In addition to the Auto-update settings, there is the User modification. In
what context is the User modification updateable? Since in my case the
update is done by the cron jobs, Autoaupdate.pl and Antoenroll.pl, it is
not clear how User modification is used. (Seems to be settings for users to
allow them to update themselves??)

The bottom line is how do I get the student/employee ID to be update
nightly via the cron jobs?

Regards,
-hk