[LON-CAPA-admin] Assignments appear differently on different dates/access nodes

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 4 17:42:44 EST 2015

Hi Stuart,

Here are the rest of the answers:

> What was the question type parameter set to for Student 1, 2 and 3 for

the first question in the corresponding Pre-lab folders?  Were the

assignments republished in the time between each student's first

access and last access?  What do the submissions record for these

students show for the award made for each problem part in question 1

for the initial attempt?

Nothing was set special for the first question (and it happened for all the questions in the folders, not just the first question). The folders were set as the default question type, standard problem.

> Were the assignments republished in the time between each student's first  access and last access?

No, nothing was changed about the questions during the time the assignment was open (and nothing was changed after either).

> What do the submissions record for these students show for the award made for each problem part in question 1 for the initial attempt?

Attached is an example for student1

Trial 2 is an example on access5.  Trial 3 was done the next day on a different server.  Note the missing foils on the problem trial.  The problem trials that are correct are also missing the foils.

We noticed another category of problem as well.  The activity logs show evidence of submissions that do not show up in the grade area at all for some.  Thus, some submission are making it to the grade records and are giving credit by not showing foils.  Others are showing up in the activity logs but nowhere else.

We noticed two other weird things on access5:

1.      When the course coordinator instructed lon-capa to forward all access5 users to access4, it did not work!!

2.      When I try to go to https://access5.lon-capa.illinois.edu/adm/login I get directed to the shib login page which does not happen with the rest of the access nodes.

The above 2 might indicate some messed up configuration somewhere and might be related to this problem.

Thanks for the help,

Maged

By those logs I mean things in /home/http/perl/tmp

Answers to your other questions have been forwarded to course coordinator and I will forward it to you once I get them.

Maged

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device