[LON-CAPA-admin] Assignments appear differently on different dates/access nodes

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Feb 4 12:33:44 EST 2015

Hi,

> Do we need to increase how verbose the logs are, or do you have any
> other suggestion on what to do?

What was the question type parameter set to for Student 1, 2 and 3 for
the first question in the corresponding Pre-lab folders?  Were the
assignments republished in the time between each student's first
access and last access?  What do the submissions record for these
students show for the award made for each problem part in question 1
for the initial attempt?

> Unfortunately , those logs are only kept for 2 days.  Also the
> communication logs with library1 do not show any details, so I
> cannot tell if what the students did on access nodes was
> successfully applied to library1.

My recommendation would be to retrieve each student's activity log in
the course, and to view the transactions recorded for this particular
assignment in the appropriate time window. If there were "critical"
transactions (e.g., storage of submission data) completed on an access
server which could not be sent to the library server, those will be
recorded in /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonnet.perm.log on the access server.

> I have checked the logs and I could see when certain student worked
> on what using the temporary logs on uiucaccess2, uiucaccess3 ..etc.
>  Unfortunately , those logs are only kept for 2 days.

By logs, do you mean the web server's access logs?

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium