[LON-CAPA-admin] Assignments appear differently on different dates/access nodes

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:21:59 EST 2015

Hi All,

We are having a strange problem for 3 students taking the same course on LonCapa.

This happened on 3 different assignments at different days/times.  All assignments are set up as new, nothing is hidden, and no questions are repeated (and not in practice mode).

Here is a summary of what happened:

Student1:
Assignment folder "Pre-lab 6 " which was open from 1/25 6:00 PM and due 1/29 8:00 AM.
Student did it on Monday 1/26, answering the first question at 8:32:47 PM on uiucaccess5 and continued the assignment.
Then on Tuesday 1/27, student goes back to that first question, at 11:14:52 AM on uiucaccess3 and it was a different version that time.

Student2:
Assignment folder "Pre-lab 7 "  open 1/27 8:00 AM until 2/3 8 AM.
Student did it on Monday 1/26, answering the first question at 6:41:22 PM on uiucaccess5.
Then on Monday 2/2, student goes back to that first question on uiucaccess3 and it was a different version that time.

Student3:
Folder "Pre-lab 8" open 1/28 8:00 AM until 2/4 8 AM.
Student did it on Friday 1/30, answering the first question at 7:02:42 PM on uiucaccess5.
Then on Monday 2/2, student goes back to that first question, at 8:17:23 AM on uiucaccess2 and it was a different version that time.

These 3 students are in different sections.

I have checked the logs and I could see when certain student worked on what using the temporary logs on uiucaccess2, uiucaccess3 ..etc.  Unfortunately , those logs are only kept for 2 days.  Also the communication logs with library1 do not show any details, so I cannot tell if what the students did on access nodes was successfully applied to library1.

Do we need to increase how verbose the logs are, or do you have any other suggestion on what to do?

Many Thanks,

Maged