[LON-CAPA-admin] not a valid domain

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed May 28 11:14:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

> Commenting the line and updating the connections does not seem to solve the
> problem.

You need to follow the procedure described in my earlier e-mail on any
server which fsuK12 users will use to log-in.

Currently, I see that connections were updated on loncapa10.fsu.edu
(your library server) at 09:53am, but have not yet been updated on
loncapa.fsu.edu, which looks to be your load-balancer server.

I would recommend commenting out the line:
^dalton.chem.sfu.ca

in /home/httpd/lonTabs/hosts.tab

on any server which your fsuK12 users might use for log-in and then
updating connections on each of those servers via:

Main Menu -> Status of domain servers -> Update Connections and
Refresh Status Information

You can use a # at the start of the line in hosts.tab to comment out
the line, or you can delete the line entirely.

Apparently, /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/login.pm was modified on
loncapa10.fsu.edu (your library server), as there is no textbox
available to change the domain to something other than fsu.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Acdemic Consortium