[LON-CAPA-admin] Install error

Lucas, Richard clucas at purdue.edu
Thu May 8 11:11:58 EDT 2014

The whole install command thing has fixed all of my errors. I no longer have to worry about changing the permissions of the extracted tarball, and received no errors about missing directories. I emailed our unix team about the package that adds the additional install command and they responded that they use it to maintain the systems. However, I just changed my path to ensure it uses the correct one.  Sorry for all of the troubles.

I have a couple other questions though. I am just installing a machine for internal testing now. I am assuming I should choose stand-alone as the cluster option. Once I do that, does the domain name I use matter? Should I use the purdue domain that is in use in production or create a new one? I would like to clone the data from our production machine to this if possible after the installation.

Thanks,
Richard