[LON-CAPA-admin] Update difficulties

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Jun 30 14:24:05 EDT 2014

Hi,

To disable the epel repo, and/or eliminate the R conflicts ...

1. Locate the repos currently enabled

yum repolist enabled

2. Use a text editor to add:

enabled=0

to the epel.repo file(s) in /etc/yum.repos.d

3. Then do:

yum clean all

4. If you still have issues, find out if R-core is installed using:

rpm -q R-core

and use:

yum remove R-core

(assuming R-core is installed; all the R packages and the
LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm will be removed).

and then do:

yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium