[LON-CAPA-admin] xtics and gnuplot

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Thu Jul 3 10:15:27 EDT 2014

Hi,

A strange thing happen with gnuplot and xtics (running on 2.10.1). When
using the line below, the graph is not generated or printed. On the web it
says "dynamically generated ..." but no graphics and when printing, it
complains about "Cannot determine the size of graphics ..." presumably
because the eps was not generated.

<xtics minorfreq="1" location="axis" mirror="off" end="16" increment="2"
start="0" />

However, if I use the following line (location of tics changed to border),
it displays on the web and print just fine.

<xtics minorfreq="1" location="border" mirror="off" end="16" increment="2"
start="0" />

I tried to look for error messages but could not locate any. Any clue what
is causing this? The problems display properly - it happen in the last
couple of days.

Thanks,
-hk