[LON-CAPA-admin] Geogebra/Web/Centos6

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 2 19:55:17 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

> A further search showed that /home/httpd/html/adm/geogebra/web was
> not installed

Thanks for reporting this.

The commands script which unpacks the geogebra_html5.tar.gz tarball
(if the GeogebraHTML5 version installed on your LON-CAPA server needs
updating), has a dependency on the bc package.  Unfortunately,  bc was
missing when you installed 2.11.0.RC3, so UPDATE did not unpack the
tarball and install in it the expected location.

Apparently the bc package is included in a minimal CentOS 5 OS
install, but not  (in some cases) in a CentOS 6 OS install.

Anyway, I have added that dependency to an updated
LONCAPA-prerequisites (1-23.1) for CentOS 6.

You can install Geogebra HTML5 into /home/httpd/html/adm/geogebra/web
as follows:

yum clean all
yum update LONCAPA-prerequisites

cd <path to loncapa-2.11.0.RC3>/loncom/html/adm/geogebra/

bash commands

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium