[LON-CAPA-admin] 2.11 construction space

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 2 18:08:45 EDT 2014

Hi Hon-Kie,

> The latest release version takes a long time (~30 s) to render a problem in
> the construction space. 2.10 takes only a couple of seconds.

I assume this is for your development server (tycho) in the dev
cluster, as your production library server is still running 2.10.1

Were you ever able to resolve the yum update issues on your dev server
caused by epel repo conflicts?

The construction space rendering behavior you report has not been my
experience on MSU single domain library servers in both the production
cluster and dev cluster.  When I compare rendering times for the same
problem in Authoring Space on the same hardware, both before and after
upgrade to 2.11.0, I find rendering times the same (about 2 s).

Has the problem which you find takes ~30 s to render been published?

If so, I could replicate the resource, and then measure rendering
times on the MSU development server, and debug, if I also found
anomalous (long) rendering times.

What files (and return codes) do you find listed in the Apache
ssl_access_log log file when rendering the problem?

Looking at diagnostics for tycho it appears that you still have rev
1.152.2.2 of /home/httpd/html/res/adm/includes/default_homework.lcpm
installed (i.e., the version included with 2.10.1) instead of rev.
1.169 (the version shipped with 2.11.0).  Is there a reason for that?

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium