[LON-CAPA-admin] Advanced User Privileges - viewing hidden materials

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 15 11:36:33 EST 2014

I have an instructor who wants to post materials, hide them in the course editor, but
still have TAs able to access them.

I realize this could be done with parameters, but I'd like to explore the custom
role option first.

The TA role as is cannot view the hidden files. An instructor can.
It looks like the privilege for this is the system-wide 'advanced user'.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I want to give a TA role that kind of privilege.

I realize "Advanced User" is probably a vague catch all default for a variety of
things. What is the 'nutshell' (not exhaustive) privilege of an Advanced User
and how risky is it making an otherwise low-end user an advanced user?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701