[LON-CAPA-admin] Placement Tests

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 12 13:11:39 EST 2014

I'm being approached by our math department to look at the option of using LON-CAPA for placement
tests. They are currently using blackboard and there have been some issues.

Where is the system currently being used for placement tests and how is enrollment and reporting handled?
Is it still being used at the University of Saskatchewan for this?

Their selection of problems includes 4 pools of questions from which they select a pre-selected number from
each pool. I know that a single folder can be created from a pool, but can a single folder be created gracefully
from 4 separate pools or does this require 4 separate folders?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701