[LON-CAPA-admin] subscription updates not happening

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Mon Dec 8 15:38:05 EST 2014

The campus IT guys have checked the firewall at the edge of campus to the
rest of the world and have rules to allow port 5663 inbound for all of my
servers.  They sent a log file showing some traffic from capa1.uwsp.edu and
vita2.ostfalia.de at 5:10 this morning.

Since none of my servers can talk to either of these external servers it
would seem the problem is in the campus network.

What is the easiest way to manually generate inbound traffic on port 5663
so that we could interactively troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Chemistry Dept
Binghamton University