[LON-CAPA-admin] Plotfunctionresponse and IE 11

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Aug 14 11:09:35 EDT 2014

Mark,

> Is anyone else having problems with Plotfunctionresponse problems and IE11?

Yes, I observe the same with functionpltresponse on IE11 on Windows 8.1.

Accordingly, I have committed a one line change to the code used to
determine whether the HTML5/javascript version of Geogebra or the Java
applet version should be used.  This change will cause IE11 to use the
Java applet.

To update 2.11.0 with that change, from the command line on your server(s) do:

wget -O /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/functionplotresponse.pm
'http://source.loncapa.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/loncom/homework/functionplotresponse.pm?rev=1.106;content-type=text/plain'

/etc/init.d/httpd reload

Note: by making this change, checkforupdates.pl (run by cron) will now
detect a version change in functionplotresponse.pm (as compared with
the version included in 2.11.0), and will send a daily e-mail because
of that discrepancy.

> The same problems work fine under firefox or safari, but these may
> be using the
> java version.

Firefox and Safari are likely using the HTML5 version, but see:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-dev/2013-July/002043.html
for information about version/OS checking).

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium