[LON-CAPA-admin] Autoenroll not running?

Neubauer, Paul pneubauer at bsu.edu
Tue Aug 12 08:34:33 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Yesterday I set up the first of our fall classes (which start next week) for autoenrollment. This morning I checked /home/httpd/perl/logs/autoenroll.log to make sure everything was ok, and I found no entry for the class I just set up. In fact, I found no recent entries at all. I logged in to that class (as Course Coordinator) and ran "Update roster now" under "Automated Enrollment". All the students were added when I did that, but I still found nothing in autoenroll.log.

I do have a log file where localenroll.pm logs some items as it runs and that shows that localenroll.pm was invoked at both 2:10am (presumably by autoenroll.pl) and also at 8am when I manually initiated the update of users. That seems like some evidence that autoenroll did run, but the log does not show it and the students were not enabled until I re-ran it at 8am.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Paul