[LON-CAPA-admin] Default domain on login

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 2 09:30:15 EDT 2014

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this:

I use an alias "loncapa.phy.ohiou.edu" for student access. It normally points to
a small machine which does load balancing, but it is currently having some issues,
so I'm pointing it to one of my access servers.

Periodically it seems that people are getting a login screen with a default domain of
vinton (one of our local high school domains) rather than ohiou.

I've checked hosts.tab and domain.tab and I can't find anything suspicious.

Has anyone else seen this and are there suggestions as to what is wrong?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701