[LON-CAPA-admin] Cookie problems but still switched?

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 30 09:51:28 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm doing some forensics on a student who (1) claims to have problems logging in, and (2) when she
does get in she can't submit problems.

She is using Safari/536.25, and I think the issues is cookies, but what confuses me is the following:
* she logged into our lonbalancer, capa5, authenticated, and was switched to capa10.

*httpd error_log gives:  /home/httpd/html/adm/switchserver failed for xx.xx.xx.xx, reason: Cookie  not valid

* ... but her session seems to transfer to capa10 'just fine', outside of the fact that she gets strange
   behavior trying to submit problems.

Has anyone else seen something like this?  Any quick insights from anyone?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701