[LON-CAPA-admin] Perl Script Function "ln" supported?

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at ostfalia.de
Tue Nov 20 08:51:10 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your information.

I just talked to the LON-CAPA administrator of the domain where the
issue occurred "here" for the first time. He confirmed the issue, as CC
and AU. It's an Ubuntu Server with 64 Bit.

Sorry to ask again: Are you sure you don't get an error message in
Construction Space? We get the error message on the other server and on
our (development) server where the function doesn't work.
----------------
<problem>
<script type="loncapa/perl">
$a = ln(0.05);
</script>
<startouttext />
a: $a
<endouttext />
</problem>

I need to ask more:
Do you have evidence that these problems using ln() have ever worked on
the machines where the error occurs now?

 From what we found in our debugging session yesterday (nothing...), we
still wonder where and how this function is offered by LON-CAPA anyway.

I plan to file a bug report - especially if it can be confirmed that the
function should work, used to work and doesn't work anymore.

Stefan Bisitz