[LON-CAPA-admin] Need to get a list of classes with auto-enrollment removals enabled

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:35:33 EST 2012

Hi,

> Does anyone know of a way to determine which classes have the Auto
> enrollment setting "Removals based on classlist changes" Enabled?

If you encountered a situation where students were dropped because
they no longer appeared in the official classlists then you could use
a shell session on your library server to display the contents of
/home/httpd/perl/logs/autoenroll.log

Entries for courses with auto-enrollment active will appear as:
Messages start for <courseID>

Messages end for <courseID>

If drops are active, and a student role was expired you will see an
entry such as:

"User <username> student role expired from course." between the start
and end lines for the course.

However, to generate a definitive list of which courses have
auto-drops enabled, unless you want to run a custom script on your
library server, you would unfortunately need to display
auto-enrollment settings individually for each of your Spring 2012
courses.

To do this using the web interface ...

(a) Log-in to LON-CAPA and select the Domain Coordinator role.
(b) Main Menu -> View or modify a course or community
(c) In the course selector use "Official course: Yes" and select 2012
and Spring for Year/semester. Click "Search"
(d) Leave the default of "View or modify course settings which only a
Domain Coordinator may modify" selected, and click "Select" for one of
the courses.
(e) Click "Display current settings for automated enrollment"

Repeat steps (d) and (e) for the other spring 2012 courses.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group