[LON-CAPA-admin] autoenroll questions

Neubauer, Paul pneubauer at bsu.edu
Wed Aug 22 12:42:57 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Thanks to lots of help from Stuart, we've got autoenroll almost working at Ball State now. However, in classes with multiple sections, no section information seems to be coming through. For example, Physics 120 is being taught by two different people, with A teaching section 001 and B teaching sections 002 and 003. We then successfully create the appropriate three bsu_*_*_classlist.xml files and all the students from those files are enrolled into the correct classes, so that those from section 001 go into professor A's course and those from sections 002 and 003 go into professor B's course.

The problem is that when I list the students for either of these courses, the "section" column is blank for all students.

What did I do wrong and how do I correct it?

Also, the start and end dates are not coming through from the classlist.xml files. The file may have a student entry like: <startdate>06/12/12 09.18.01 AM</startdate> but the student list shows the same default start date for all students.

Again, what did I do wrong and how do I correct it?

So far, we have not been put off too badly by not having this data correct and once we get it corrected all should be well, but once things really get underway (this is only the first week of classes) having that data correct may become a little more crucial. :-)

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Paul