[LON-CAPA-admin] domain coordinator cannot log in on new system

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:19:50 EDT 2012

I have the following on one of my machines under /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
132.235.208.235 capa2.phy.ohiou.edu     capa2
::1     localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

I remember this being an issue a long time ago, but can't remember if it's
a problem any more.

Mark

On Aug 9, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Neubauer, Paul wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> [root at lon-capa-test lonTabs]# cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
> ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
>
> Doesn't look like an issue to me. OTOH, should /etc/hosts have an entry in there that says lon-capa-test.bsu.edu?
>
> I don't think the lack of it ought to be a big problem, though.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

>>> hosts.tab ^lon-capa-test.bsu.edu:http