[LON-CAPA-admin] sluggish page loading

James Mueller mueller at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 18 22:44:42 EST 2011

I have been noticing a problem with our servers, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions.  Sometimes, when I log into loncapa, the page loading is VERY slow.  Sometimes part of a page is loaded and then Firefox just starts saying "transferring data from...", but nothing else ever comes up.  Sometimes nothing gets transferred before it stops loading anything.  Sometimes, if I stop the page loading and then reload the page, it responds quickly, other times it hangs again.  It can get frustrating to keep hitting reload, hoping that this time it will work.  The servers are running loncapa 2.9.1 on SLC5.  Since the problem seems to be intermittent, it is hard to track down.  Any ideas of what we can look for?