[LON-CAPA-admin] Map not loaded; sequence does not exist

Paul Omernik paul.omernik at ndsu.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:07:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Mark Lucas <lucasm at ohio.edu> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> There's no silver bullet from this end, but I do have a couple questions:
>
> * Does the course navigation page come up with reasonable stuff? What is
>    missing?   This would be some folder that just plain didn't replicate.

After clicking through the error, everything appears to be in the right
place.  I wouldn't know if, say, problems from a chapter were missing,
however.

* How large is the course from which he was cloning - could the faculty
> member had
>   somehow not waited for the whole thing to clone?

I was the cloner, and the course did finish the cloning process.  The course
is four chapters averaging about nine problems per chapter.

> * Is there any way to look at the previous course from which this one was
> cloned to
> see what the sequence was?

When logging into the previous course I get the same message, just with a
different course hash.  Same missing sequence, though.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Stuart Raeburn <raeburn at msu.edu> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> To gather more information I'd recommend finding the reference to the
> missing sequence file in the sequence files which do exist in the new
> course.
>
> So on the file system, do:
>
> cd /home/httpd/lonUsers/ndsu/4/e/2/4e24219a3cf874c08ndsul1/userfiles
>
> grep 'default_1087484056' *.sequence

default.sequence:<resource id="8"
src="/uploaded/ndsu/4e24219a3cf874c08ndsul1/default_1087484056.sequence"
type="finish" title="Chemistry"></resource>

> If this finds a .sequence file, the next thing to do would be to compare
> the contents of that file with the corresponding file in the course which
> was cloned.
>
> diff
> /home/httpd/lonUsers/ndsu/4/e/2/4e24219a3cf874c08ndsul1/userfiles/$filename.sequence
> /home/httpd/lonUsers/ndsu/$1/$2/$3/$oldcourse/userfiles/$filename.sequence

I ran

diff
/home/httpd/lonUsers/ndsu/4/e/2/4e24219a3cf874c08ndsul1/userfiles/default.sequence
/home/httpd/lonUsers/ndsu/6/S/7/6S745511677c94885ndsul1/userfiles/default.sequence
| grep default_1087484056

And it pointed to a chemistry resource that does not exist in either the
course I have created or the one from the previous year.  Under Course
Contents it is a [+] jigsaw puzzle hierarchy/icon with no resources under
the [+], and under Course Editor it is just an empty folder.  I will ask the
instructor about this resource.

> Dots & "squigglies"

I have never had an issue with uploading a CSV, so perhaps it is just a case
of not waiting long enough.  His classes are usually fairly small, but
perhaps he has a few extra students this year.

> Stuart Raeburn
> MSU LON-CAPA group

 Thanks Mark, Stuart,

Paul