[LON-CAPA-admin] upgrading from version 2.6.3

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Thu May 27 12:48:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

On May 27, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Paul Omernik wrote:

> I agree that frequently-updated distros are a huge headache to maintain, I still have much greater (day-to-day) familiarity with Debian-based linux, and Canonical's LTS security update support for servers is five (!) years, which, I believe, is unmatched in the Linux world.  Additionally, 10.04 LTS was 'just' released, and is will be supported until April 2015.

Yes, Ubuntu *Server* looks promising.

Stuart did some work on Debian and Ubuntu, and got things running. However, it is hard to keep track of so many different distributions, and we certainly are not equally familiar with all of them. Now, folks who have greater familiarity with certain distributions might in the future want to become the sponsor of our respective install packages (hint, hint).

- Gerd.