[LON-CAPA-admin] upgrading from version 2.6.3

Paul Omernik paul.omernik at ndsu.edu
Thu May 27 12:07:37 EDT 2010

Gerd,

I agree that frequently-updated distros are a huge headache to maintain, I
still have much greater (day-to-day) familiarity with Debian-based linux,
and Canonical's LTS security update support for servers is five (!) years,
which, I believe, is unmatched in the Linux world.  Additionally, 10.04 LTS
was 'just' released, and is will be supported until April 2015.

On a related note, the move from FC6 to CentOS 5.3(/4/5) last summer on my
access servers was amazing.  I'm looking forward to doing the same to the
library server, but I chicken out when I think if I have all my bases
covered.

Paul