[LON-CAPA-admin] moving behind firewall

loncapa_admin loncapa_admin at johnabbott.qc.ca
Mon Mar 1 14:23:06 EST 2010

Hi Jim,

I'd wait for the real experts to confirm this, but if you're running a recent version of LON-CAPA, you shouldn't need 8080 open any more.

So ports 80 and 5663 need to be open.  Others will depend on your needs.  Are you running secure connections (https)?  If so, you'll need to keep incoming port 443 (TCP) open.  Will you want to be able to ssh into the server from off-site?  If so, you'll need to open port 22 (or use a different port for sshd and open that port).

Cheers,
Michael Dugdale
Department of Physics
John Abbott College