[LON-CAPA-admin] No Cloning for ...

Mark Lucas lucasm at ohio.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:44:06 EDT 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Stuart Raeburn wrote:

> The fact that this format persists suggests that cron is not running the script.  What do you find in the logs, e.g.,
>
> /home/httpd/perl/logs/refreshcourseids_db.log

There was no file with that name - looks like it wasn't running.

> If the logs suggest that cron is not running the script, then you could try running from the command line as the www user
>
> su www
> /home/httpd/perl/refresh_courseids_db.pl

The file has been updated. I'm not sure why it is not running in the cron job.

There seems to be some extra checking now done when creating a course. If I try to create a course
owned by one user and try to clone off a course owned by another user, it does not allow this.
I understand this from a user standpoint, but as DC I'm not allowed to override directly in the creation.

The current workaround looks to be either:

* create the course under the same user that was the course owner of the cloned course and then
  remove their role and add the proper CC once the course is created

* or head into the course and list it as cloneable by the new CC, then go in as DC and create the new course.

Later,
Mark

Mark Lucas 								email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab						phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy		fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701