[LON-CAPA-admin] Lost symbols after upgrade to 2.9

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Tue Jul 6 16:59:44 EDT 2010

The upgrade to 2.9 has been pretty pain less.  Thanks!

I do have one problem that is browser related that I haven't been able to
figure out.  We use the <chem></chem> tags a lot and I code the right arrow
in the <chem></chem> just using the 2 characters - and > to get ->.  This
worked fine until the upgrade.  Now, in Firefox, I still get the right arrow
but in IE (7 or 8) I get a ?.  I noticed a lot of ?'s for symbols in the
table you get when you click on 'other symbols' when editing a problem.

The default code page being used in both my IE and my Firefox is UTF-8.

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Binghamton University
Chemistry Dept